IOS Care dieticians believe nutrition is an essential part of growing old healthily. A good nutritional status has been shown to improve immune function, reduce muscle wasting, improve mood and prevent and reduce length of stay in hospital.
Our Dieticians are able to help with the following:
- Ensure a good nutritional status is maintained. Adequate nutritional intake and a good level of nourishment is important for every patient.
- Provide dietary interventions to help clients cope better with illness.
- Reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease
- Understand and manage food allergies or intolerances
- Control irritable bowel syndrome and other Gastrointestinal diseases
- Help reduce the risk of diabetes and manage it
- Prescribe nutritionally high energy dense drinks/puddings where intake remains low following initial dietary therapy
- Provide appropriate information for food and fluid texture modifications based on recommendations by a Speech and Language Therapist (SALT) following a swallow assessment
- Aim to meet a client’s daily requirements of all nutrients